Monday, July 3, 2017

July Blooms


I got up early on Sunday morning and found that it was quite pleasant outside so I decided to head to the Desert Botanical Garden for an early morning walk.  I rarely do that in July because of the heat but since is was hovering around 80 degrees early in the morning I decided to give it a try.


I was pleasantly surprised to see a few things blooming like the desert rose in the top photo and this this plant that was growing in a pot with hanging flowers.  I'm not sure what it is but it is very attractive.


I even found a couple of cactus blooms which was totally unexpected.  There were hardly any people there that early so it made for a quiet walk surrounded by nature.

9 comments:

Halcyon said...

A very nice display of floral delights!

Kate said...

There is something so pleasant about being in a favourite place with few people. The silence and repose this offers makes the experience so very pleasant. Your photos of the lovely blossoms are a lovely sight for me to see early in my morning today!

Karl said...

Gorgeous blooms, Sharon !

Silver in AZ said...

Nice~ I'm reading and learning a lot about plumerias in AZ; apparently they do pretty well!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely the best time to go Sharon, I'm surprised not more had the same idea! Gorgeous, gorgeous blooms, so exotic, especially the cactus flower, what a treat!

RedPat said...

Your reward for heading out was to see these beauties!

William Kendall said...

The last one is my favourite!

Bill said...

These flowers sure are beautiful. It was worth it to go for the early morning walk. Good decision Sharon!

Judy Ryer said...

Very pretty!