Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Bridges and Blood Drives


I made a quick stop at the Tempe waterfront last week to take a couple of photos of the pedestrian bridge that crosses Tempe Town Lake.


It was early on one of our excessive heat days so there were only a few people out on the trail that the bridge follows.


The bridge is located right by the Tempe Center for the Arts and on this day, a big blood drive was going on so I was greeted by this rather friendly looking giant red guy.  There were lots of people coming and going from the center so it looked like they had a very good turnout.  

10 comments:

RedPat said...

The bridge looks wonderful, Sharon! Glad the red guy had success.

Halcyon said...

Love the bridge. But even thinking about blood makes me queasy. :S

Kate said...

Perhaps we should have a theme for bridges because there are so many different designs. Great photos today, Sharon, as usual for you.

Andy said...

I like this bridge. The design looks like it is inviting people to cross over.

Judy Ryer said...

You are brave to go out in that heat.

William Kendall said...

What a cool bridge!

That reminds me, I'm eligible for my next blood donation.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The bridge design is super Sharon, incredibly photogenic! Good to hear the blood drive was a success, I haven't donated for ages.

Thérèse said...

Such a good looking bridge!
There is a shortage of blood right now in Europe...

Bill said...

What an impressive looking bridge, very attractive. The heat would do me in, I feel bad for that walking dog, it might be hot to walk on the pavement.

Steve Reed said...

Giving blood on a hot day sounds a bit challenging!